Remaining positive when life seems to be constantly kicking you down is hard. Many of us tend to let all the negative energy consume us.
We begin to settle and think that maybe we aren’t meant to be truly happy. It is just when we get to this moment of defeat that we must fight the hardest to pick ourselves back up. We must find a way to become motivated again, find a reason to keep pushing forward.
Short, funny quotes about life with their fun, quirky vibes have a way of reminding us that there are a ton of people all over the world who feel exactly the same way that we do.
We can turn to these funny quotes about life at any time to laugh at the simple fact that we all knew life would be hard. Instead of complaining and beating ourselves up about it, we can choose to accept the challenge with a smile on our faces.
Listed below are a few of our picks of the best funny quotes and sayings that will make you laugh out loud and remind you to never give up. Good things come to those who remain positive.
RELATED:31 Funny Quotes To Lighten The Mood When You're Feeling Down And Depressed
Take a look at our collection of the best funny quotes about life that are bound to make you smile today:
Funny Quotes About Life
1. "I know I'm a handful but that's why you got two hands."
2. "I am currently under construction. Thank you for your patience."
3. "You can't make everyone happy. You're not an avocado."
4. "I never knew a single noise could actually drive a person insane, but then I had kids and realized all things really are possible."
5. "Taking naps sounds so childish. I prefer to call them horizontal life pauses."
6. "I am presently experiencing life at a rate of several WTFs per hour."
7. "I tried to be normal once. Worst two minutes of my life."
8. "Life is like looking for your phone, most of the time it's in your hand."
9. "To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid."
10. "If at first you don't succeed, fix your ponytail, and try again."
11. "Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put my keys in the fridge."
12. "I made a huge to-do list for today. I just can't figure out who's going to do it."
13. "Are you really living life or just paying bills until you die?"
14. "If size really mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle."
15. "They say you attract what you fear... Oh my God, I'm scared of $10.6 Billion."
16. "When life puts you in tough situations, don't say why me? Just say try me!"
17. "If you stumble, make it part of the dance."
RELATED:15 Funny 'Over It' Quotes For When You're Feeling Frustrated
18. "Every time you are able to find humor in a difficult situation, you win."
19. "One day you're the best thing since sliced bread. The next, you're the toast."
20. "Some days, I can conquer the world. Other days, it takes me three hours to convince myself to shower."
21. "Life is like an ice cream. Enjoy it before it melts."
22. “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to shop.” — Unknown (but often misattributed to Gertrude Stein and more likely said by Mrs. Howell in a 1966 episode of "Gilligan's Island" written by Joanna Lee)
23. "If you fall, I'll be there." — Floor
24. “It’s amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.” — Jerry Seinfeld
25. "Story of my life: I knew better but I did it anyway."
26. “Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe.” — Mark Twain
27. “When we talk to God, we’re praying. When God talks to us, we’re schizophrenic.” — Jane Wagner
28. "Hold on, I've gotta overthink about it."
29. "My alone time is sometimes for your safety."
30. "Life is too short for fake butter, cheese, or people."
31. "Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." — Stephen Hawking
32. "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life."
33. “To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States.” — George W. Bush
34. "Dear Life: will you at least start using lube?"
35. “You cannot be anything if you want to be everything.” — Solomon Schechter
36. "Embrace the glorious mess that you are." — Elizabeth Gilbert
RELATED:50 Funny Friendship Quotes For Best Friends To Use As Instagram Captions
37. "Some days you eat salads and go to the gym, some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants. It's called balance."
38. “The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” — Steven Wright
39. "The best things in life will either make you fat, drunk, or pregnant."
40. "And then I thought to myself, 'what's the point of cleaning if my family is going to keep living here?'"
41. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
42. "No matter how big a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people."
43. "Being an adult is like folding a fitted sheet. No one really knows how."
44. "To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone." — Reba McEntire
45. "Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blow of life."
46. "You can't be sad when you're holding a cupcake."
47. “That’s the funny thing about life. We’re rarely aware of the bullets we dodge. The just-misses. The almost-never-happeneds. We spend so much time worrying about how the future is going to play out and not nearly enough time admiring the precious perfection of the present.” —Lauren Miller
48. "I want to be 14 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas."
49. "Don't be sad, because sad spelled backward is das, and das not good."
50. "Life was much easier when apple and blackberry were just fruits."
51. "When something goes wrong in your life, just yell 'Plot twist!' and move on."
52. "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." — E. E. Cummings
53. "Never let anyone treat you like a yellow starburst. You are a pink starburst."
54. “Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.” — Alan Dundes
55. "It will never be perfect. Make it work." — Life
RELATED:20 Hilarious Quotes That Prove There's No Such Thing As 'Adulting'
56. “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” — Albert Einstein
57. “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” — Andy Rooney
58. "Life is like an onion; you peel off a layer at a time and sometimes you weep." — Carl Sandburg
59. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Bernard Baruch
60. “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.” — Charles M. Schulz
61. “All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.” — Alexander Woollcott
62. “A woman is like a teabag — you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
63. "Hope for the best but always be ready for the mess."
64. "Life is a soup and I am a fork."
65. "So it turns out being an adult is mostly just googling how to do stuff."
66. "With great power comes great electricity bill."
67. “If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.” — Johnny Carson
68. "Life is a one-time offer, use it well."
69. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." — Dolly Parton
71. “The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.” — Harlan Ellison
72. “I am only human, although I regret it.” — Mark Twain
73. "Life is short... and so am I."
74. "When one door closes, another opens. Or you can open the closed door. That's how doors work."
75. "Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute."
76. “They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.” — Clint Eastwood
77. “The greatest thief this world has ever produced is procrastination, and he is still at large.” — Josh Billings
78. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” — Lily Tomlin
79. “If you’re going to tell people the truth, be funny or they’ll kill you.” — Billy Wilder
80. “My wife Mary and I have been married for forty-seven years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never.” — Jack Benny
81. “The world is a globe. The farther you sail, the closer to home you are.” — Terry Pratchett
82. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the hell she is.” — Ellen DeGeneres
83. "Life is not a garden. Don't be a hoe."
84. “If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out.” — Lawrence Ferlinghetti
85. “Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.” — Groucho Marx
86. “Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.” — Albert Camus
87. “The road to success is always under construction.” — Lily Tomlin
88. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” — The Dalai Lama
89. “War is God’s way of teaching Americans geography.” — Ambrose Bierce
90. "My life feels like a test I didn't study for."
91. “You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” — George Burns
92. "The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." — Gore Vidal
93. “Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?” — Robin Williams
94. “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” — Ron White
95. “Life begins at 40 – but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times.” — Helen Rowland
96. “Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth."
97. “I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” — Phyllis Diller
98. “A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: ‘Duh.'” — Conan O’Brien
99. “Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away.” — Benjamin Franklin
100. "Just wing it. Life, eyeliner, everything."
101. “Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?… He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!” — Billy Connolly
102. “When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. I’m beginning to believe it.” — Clarence Darrow
103. “It’s always darkest before the dawn. So if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it.” — Navjot Singh Sidhu
104. “Life is a sexually transmitted disease.” — R. D. Laing
105. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” — Oscar Wilde
106. “Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.” — Rita Mae Brown
107. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.” — Robert Fulghum
108. “At every party there are two kinds of people – those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.” — Ann Landers
109. "Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait. Because right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll be ever again."
RELATED:75 Best Sassy Savage Quotes For When You're In A Mood
Related Stories From YourTango:
I Had To Forgive My Mother In Order To Find True Love
My House Burned Down in December, I Lost My Job in January — But The Silver Lining Was Worth It
If You Always Feel "Stuck" In Life, Here's What You're Doing Wrong
110. “Cleaning up with children around is like shoveling during a blizzard.” — Margaret Culkin Banning
111. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” — Milton Berle
112. “I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife)… but still my own.” — Si Robertson
113. “Have no fear of perfection. You’ll never reach it.” — Salvador Dali
114. "I am not special, I'm just a limited edition."
115. “Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.” — Oscar Wilde
116. “I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me — they’re cramming for their final exam.” — George Carlin
117. “When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his first name was Always.” — Rita Rudner
118. “An alcoholic is someone you don’t like who drinks as much as you do.” — Dylan Thomas
119. “We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience.” — George Bernard Shaw
120. "I won't quit but I will cuss the whole time."
121. “I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
122. "Folks, I don't trust children. They're here to replace us." — Stephen Colbert
123. "Life is a one-time offer; use it well."
124. “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?'” — Sydney J. Harris
125. “Starbucks says they are going to start putting religious quotes on cups. The very first one will say, ‘Jesus! This cup is expensive!'” — Conan O’Brien
126. “I intend to live forever. So far, so good.” — Steven Wright
127. “As a child, my family’s menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.” — Buddy Hackett
128. “Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” — Steve Irwin
129. "If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur." — Doug Larson
130. "Be happy, it drives people crazy."
RELATED:75 Inspirational Quotes For Work To Get You Through The Week
131. “When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.” — Norm Crosby
132. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas A. Edison
133. “I hate women because they always know where things are.” — Voltaire
134. “A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” — Walter Bagehot
135. "Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life."
136. “My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn’t pay the bill he gave me six months more.” — Walter Matthau
137. "A clear conscience is a good sign of a bad memory." — Mark Twain
138. "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces." — Will Rogers
139. “We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations — we’re doing everything we can to keep our marriage together.” — Rodney Dangerfield
140. "Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice."
141. “Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery numbers.” — Matt Groening
142. “The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it’s unfamiliar territory.” — Paul Fix
143. “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.” — Will Rogers
144. “Everyone has a purpose in life. Perhaps yours is watching television.” — David Letterman
145. “I don’t think I’ve seen anyone laughing on the way to a bank.” — Ric Ducommon
146. “Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?” — Jay Leno
147. "A diamond is simply a lump of coal that did well under pressure."
148. “Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.” — Erma Bombeck
149. "I had an extremely busy day, converting oxygen into carbon dioxide."
150. "Life is not a fairytale. If you lose your shoe at midnight, you're drunk."
151. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Mark Twain
152. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” — Winston Churchill
153. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar
154. "Hope for the best, expect the worst. Life is a play, we're unrehearsed."
155. “I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out.” — John Fugelsang
156. “The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that the first one was useless.” — Nicolas Chamfort
157. "It may look like I'm doing nothing, but in my head, I'm quite busy."
158. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” — Thomas A. Edison
159. “My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.” — Mike Myers
160. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” — Winston Churchill